Ogloza Fortney + Friedman are experts in investor and partnership disputes, with decades of experience representing issuers, early-stage companies, limited partnerships, LLCs, directors and officers, significant investors, and partners and members in arbitrations, litigation, investigations and pre-litigation counseling matters.
Securities and Shareholder Litigation and Investigations
On the company-side, we represent companies and directors and officers in fiduciary duty litigation, breach of investment contract litigation, M&A litigation, books and records litigation, SEC investigations and enforcement actions, and internal investigations.
Recent engagements include:
- Representing a founder of a start-up company in an alleged breach of fiduciary duty arbitration filed by one of the company’s investors, a venture capital firm.
- Representing a pre-public SAAS provider in litigation filed by one of the company’s early investors, a venture capital firm regarding a purported breach of an investment contract.
- Represented publicly traded SAAS provider in a post-acquisition dispute and in arbitration regarding purported indemnity agreements.
- Defending closely-held medical imaging company and its directors and officers in fiduciary duty, breach of investment contract, and books and records disputes.
- Representing an independent contractor in an SEC investigation involving a blockchain/cryptocurrency company.
- Represented well-known early investor in dispute with start-up company regarding a breach of the investor agreements.
- Successfully represented investor in an SEC insider trading investigation.
Prior to the founding of Ogloza Fortney + Friedman, our partners represented clients in some of the largest and notable securities class action and derivative cases, including, In re Oracle Securities Litigation, Ryan v. Gifford (Maxim Integrated Products), Proctor v. Vishay (Siliconix), and Khanna v. McMinn (Covad Communications).
We also regularly represent clients in venture capital, hedge fund, private equity, and other partnership disputes. Notable engagements include:
- Representing a limited partner in a fund liquidation proceeding in the Delaware Court of Chancery.
- Representing co-general partner in a breach of contract/fraud litigation in a private arbitration.
- Representing member of healthcare LLC in management dispute and potential dissolution action.
- Represented 50% owner of a revered winery in litigation in Napa and Delaware Court of Chancery, resulting in a successful sale of his partnership interest in the winery.
- Successfully represented an audit firm in a dispute filed by new general partner of venture capital fund alleging fraud, breach of fiduciary duty, and professional negligence.