Ogloza Fortney + Friedman has substantial experience representing clients in unfair competition and consumer disputes, both in two-party litigation and in class actions. Our representation of both plaintiffs and defendants in these types of cases gives us unique perspective in crafting successful litigation strategies.
Moreover, our experience, efficient staffing and ability to scale quickly when necessary allow us to represent clients of all sizes, including Fortune 500 companies, in both large and small matters.
Representative engagements include:
- Representing a large hospital network in a putative consumer class action alleging unfair billing practices. Successfully defeated class certification, and defending client on appeal.
- On behalf of Fortune 50 multinational energy company, successfully obtained summary judgment in nationwide multi-district litigation class action alleging unfair pricing strategies.
- Achieved significant settlement on behalf of a class of consumers against Yahoo! related to unfair billing practices.
- Successfully dismissed unfair competition claim filed by manufacturer against a distributor of high-end kitchen appliances.
- Representing chain of physical therapy centers against competitor in an unfair competition and trade libel action.