Ogloza Fortney + Friedman regularly represents companies, founders, and executives in wrongful termination disputes, indemnification disputes, exit negotiations, and counseling matters. We also represent companies and employees in internal investigations, particularly in investigations involving alleged financial wrongdoing.
Recent engagements include:
- Representing a founder, director, and officer (and significant shareholder) in a wrongful termination claim against well-known start-up company.
- Negotiated significant pre-litigation settlement on behalf of a fund manager in a case involving allegations of fraud-in-the-inducement and wrongful termination.
- Representing distribution company in employment arbitration related to acquisition and earn-out payments.
- Represented co-founder of educational technology company in freeze-out and separation dispute.
- Represented officer and company’s second employee in severance negotiations of a well-known cryptocurrency company.
- Regularly advise multiple clients on employment, compensation and termination issues.
- Represented a public company in an arbitration dispute filed by a former employee concerning an indemnification agreement.